Sunday, December 17, 2006

Aunt Anne saves the day...

...or "Making that all-important first impression!"

I was thrilled to be invited this year to the teachers' festive yuletide celebration. A relatively new tradition, it has been going on for about four years. Mostly attended by my younger colleagues, the party consists lots of laughter, teacher talk, good food and the usual libations; all of which precede the "Ugly Ornament Contest". (This contest becomes the topic of many teacher conversations throughout the year and, now, I know why. But that is a topic for yet another blog.) In my desire to make that all-important first impression, I knew I needed to bring the best dish to share. "Aunt Anne's Buffalo chicken Dip" went over so well, I think I might be "in" again next year. We had a blast, laughed out loud and made many new friends. Thank you, Aunt Anne!

Aunt Anne's Buffalo Chicken Dip
4 boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1 12-oz bottle hot sauce
2 8-oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
1 8 oz bottle Blue Cheese dressing
1 8-oz bottle Ranch dressing
1 8-oz package Monterrey Jack cheese- shredded
½ cup copped celery

Mix shredded chicken with hot sauce and spread in bottom of 13X9 pan. Over medium heat melt cream cheese and dressings until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture. Top with Monterrey Jack cheese and celery. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes until bubbly. Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with Frito scoops.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

No comments: