Thursday, March 22, 2007

What else happens when you pray?

God answers again!
If you have a request that is big, such as finding a lost earring or small, such as finding a little church in which to serve, it would behoove you to pray about it. At least that is the lesson that I learned from my sister recently.
On our way to Reiley's birthday party in Illinois on Saturday I lost one of my earrings. Since they were a gift from my daughter and were irreplaceable, I was sad that I wouldn't be able to wear them again...

At the party we met the "prayed-for" twins and enjoyed their sweetness. We also had the opportunity to catch up (sort of) with the boys. We watched as they tumbled and flitted from one activity to the next. Their growth in body, mind and soul being another testimony of God's design. It is exciting to watch the unfolding of the little people they are becoming and it is evident that their safety is prayed for daily!

Finally we were able to see the Little church for which my sister prayed. First having been led by God and then taking a leap of faith, my sister and her husband moved from the big city to the little city. They bought a home, found new work and moved all their stuff. In her heart of hearts my sister wanted a place where her husband could minister and that was the desire of his heart. So she prayed for a "little church". "Is that too much to ask", she wondered as God was already answering her prayer. In God's own way He gave them the desires of their heart. He provided "exceedingly and abundantly" above all they asked. He gave them a church home and gave PR a place to minister and serve and use his gifts and talents. On the way home we decided to pray about finding my lost earring. "Is that too much to ask?" Then we looked in the car and under the seats. We stopped at places where we had been along the way and looked. We looked at the gas station and in the driveway. Home again, I looked one last time under the seat. There, stuck in a crevice, where I thought I had already looked, was my earring! Thank you Lord!

3 comments:

Seeker said...

How great is our God?!
(...and the neat thing is, He doesn't do that stuff for US, He does it so we can glorify Him...)
Yay, Lord!

Rachel's Family said...

Imagine all the blessings waiting for us...if only we'd let God give them to us. We need to let go of things we hold to so tightly; let go, look up, and pray...

Corry said...

A Happy and very blessed Easter to you and yours!
May the joy over God's great love and sacrifice be with you today and every day. :-)

God's Grace.