Friday, August 10, 2007

Could it really have been 40 years???

We attended my 40th class reunion in Evansville this summer and renewed many acquaintances and high school friendships. For once, Alice (Oregon) and Diana (California) and I were all at the same reunion! I am thankful to the faithful organizers that put this on every five years; the constants of our now middle-aged ranks who still remember everyone's name and face: Bo and Kenlyn, Nancy, Karbet, Steve...
Here we are, still smiling after all those years. Many are retired, but many have reinvented themselves and have launched businesses and new careers. Most of us straddle a similar place, stationed between the needs of our aging parents and the needs of our adult children; but glowingly in love with our grandchildren.
It was fun.


1 comment:

Seeker said...

OK... I picked out Diana and Alice, but I'm gonna need a roster, here...
sheesh. What happened to all those "cool" teenagers?