Saturday, June 21, 2008

Life-long learning...

This summer I have decided to try to learn something new every day. (Well, at least 5 days a week. I will take off on the weekends.)
This week I learned:
1.) You should tie up your daffodil stems until they dry out when the blooming is done. They look nicer while the nutrients go back into the bulbs!

2.) Rhubarb is $2.99 a pound in the grocery store. I'd get rich if I sold mine. But I'd rather give it away!

3.) I can use my cell phone as a calculator! (Those kids were right!)

4.) If I shop carefully I can find exactly what I am looking for at a Rummage Sale!
5.) No matter how grown up you get, it is still wonderful to go home to Mom's house!

3 comments:

South of the Equator said...

I like #5! It's always good to go home.

Seeker said...

I get to go tomorrow!!

Jenny said...

My daughter was given one of those big-to-little potty seat converters (for our granddaughter) and wouldn't be without it! Only hers isn't "cushy" ... it's flat plastic and folds up to fit into a diaper bag! Wish we'd had something like that when our kids were little ... but our maternity clothes WERE very pretty ...