Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dear "Birth Mother"...


Somewhere in Wisconsin is a lovely young woman and, though I don't even know her name, I already love her. I thank the Lord for her and have promised myself to pray for her. Having nurtured new life for nine months - all the while praying for wisdom - she made the beautiful decision to place her baby girl in the loving and capable arms of my friends Sara and her husband Chris. She could not have made a better choice and, if I could talk to her today, this is what I would say:
"I met tiny Emma Grace on Friday. She was only 9 days old, slightly less than 8 pounds and nursing sweetly from a bottle. In spite of her diminutive size she had already turned her new home "upside down"! Though quiet, the joy in their home was palpable. Sara was so graceful as she lovingly tended to Emma; Chris showed fatherly pride in his baby's charm.


"She is so calm!" I remarked. Emma stretched and yawned and curled her tiny arms about her round face. She peeked out of her sleep to see the new faces, rolled her lip down and blinked in the light. Her beautiful hands, long arms and legs, and slender feet were so delicate. Sara glowed and Chris smiled; their love for their tiny daughter shining in their faces. It was beautiful, natural and utterly complete! Thank you for your courage and your love."

2 comments:

jewels said...

mom-who are these people? that is a really cool story.

Anonymous said...

Sara is a math teacher with whom I have worked and her hubby is in law enforcement. Sara is sweet, creative, and fun! They will be such great parents...
Isn't God Good?!