Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The "Kids" of Summer...

...let us play with them again this year. Softball, that is... and we are having a blast. Even though I hung up my (very old) glove in 1989, I got it out of mothballs last summer to play with a bunch of fun (aka young) teachers. Although he played a lot as a sub last year, hubby officially joined the roster this season. He's usually at first base and I get to play second! Last night we teamed up again to get a crucial "out"!
How fun is that?
With practice, we feel we are getting better at our hitting and even running! There is nothing like the cheers from teammates calling me names like "Lightening" and "Golden glove"!
... or was that "Olden glove"?
Nevermind.
We are having fun for a season and showing those "kids" that we're really not getting older we ARE getting better! As Philpy says, "I sure love hanging out with those 'kids'!"

2 comments:

Seeker said...

Wow, you are my favorite golden oldies... You've still got it!

Jenny said...

I am so happy to have found your blog ... I will be back!