Saturday, May 27, 2006

Into every life a little pain must fall...


There are various forms of pain... There is the kind of pain that you bring on yourself, like when you act like someone half your age and then end up regretting it. Then there is the kind of pain that just happens to you and over which you have no control. You know, things just happen. And today it really hurts and tomorrow you hope it will feel better...
Yesterday I played in the staff vs. high school seniors kickball game. Last night I was on the sofa with my badly swollen ankle, iced and elevated and throbbing.
This morning I hobbled to the porch to wave goodbye to a friend and to watch the moving truck pull out of the driveway. Tonight that friend will be hundreds of miles away.
I hope it feels better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Seeker said...

Please tell me you won the game, or scored some runs, at least....

Hope you're feeling better.