Friday, June 02, 2006

Joy comes in the morning.

If you aren't a morning person, and I am not naturally one, you simply miss out. You miss the beautiful songs of the 'birds of the field' and the blessing they are. The lilting sounds, the chirping tunes, the rhythmical trills and the sweet twitters are God's reminder that a new day is coming and, with it, new joys. Fortunately you can learn to be a morning person and I have adapted to it amazingly. At my house the early bird first starts chirping at around 4:15 A.M. at this time of year. The music starts with the first light of dawn and builds until I am fully awake.
We have encouraged this bird behavior and have become breakfast table bird watchers. Already we have had the joy of observing our bluebirds (the Bluebie family), cardinals, finches, canaries, grosbeaks, wrens, hummingbirds and the faithful, hard-working robins. In the distance I hear the crows calling one another and I wax nostalgic as I listen to the cooing of the mourning doves. Yes, joy does come in the morning! Just listen...

2 comments:

Seeker said...

I love to hear the birds, too. They keep singing, no matter what. That's a lesson we need to learn.
(Did you take the picture of Mr. Robin?)

Corry said...

Just to hear them sing is a joy in itself:-)

God's Grace.