Monday, June 19, 2006

Bee thankful........

"Everything in this room was a gift," she said softly, her words breaking into my contemplations. When I was able to pry my eyes off my grandson's little face and look around the nursery, I was amazed all over again and understood her words. Lovingly painted with helping hands and beautifully appointed by generous friends and family, this little room was perfect. It is a tribute to a gracious God revealed through the generosity and love of His people. I glanced from the wonderful reclining rocker and gliding ottoman to the lovely crib and its bedding; including handmade blankets and comforters. I looked at the shelves of children's books and CD's and the "Bee" shelf with its row of soft stuffed toys and the "Bee" picture on the wall. I noticed the rows of tiny outfits and caps and bibs and booties (yes, even the hand knitted kind) and the boxes of Huggies stacked in the closet corner. I saw, again, the diaper disposer, the diaper bag, the stroller, the high chair, the play center and bouncy chair and all the baby bath items. Baby gear, Baby Gap, Eddie Bauer, Baby Einstein and Baby Bjorn.....
"Everything we HAVE is a gift," I thought out loud. I can't name one thing I have that I haven't been given; and I turned back to look at my grandson's beautiful baby face....

3 comments:

Seeker said...

Bee-ootiful!
Aren't we blessed?! God is good.

Kc said...

Amen! God is so very good!

Corry said...

Praise The Lord!

God's Grace.